Terms and Conditions For Use of This Website (“The Website”).
Please read these terms and conditions of use before using the Website. You (“the Visitor”) accept these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") when you use the Website, without qualification..
1. Access to any information on the Website is conditional on your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. All bookings and booking enquiries are subject to availability and email (or written) confirmation by us. We reserve the right to deny access to the Website at any time without notice.
2. The booking conditions on the Website apply to all United Travel arrangements and products and must be read in addition to the Terms and Conditions. Such conditions can be found with the individual travel and product descriptions.
3. United Travel reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice to website visitors.
4. We are a New Zealand registered company and the information on the Website is directed solely at those who access the Website from New Zealand.
5. The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force in New Zealand and you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand and/or any relevant tribunals for determining any dispute concerning the Terms and Conditions.
6. You agree to be bound by the following obligations, including without limitation:
a) You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
b) You warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have legal capacity.
c) You warrant that all information you provide about yourself or anyone else shall be true and accurate.
d) You shall not use the Website for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings.
e) The transmission on the website of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political, or racist material or any material that is otherwise unlawful is expressly prohibited.
f) Neither the Website nor any content may be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed or reproduced in any way by you, except that one copy of the information contained within the Website may be made by you for personal, non-commercial use.
7. For persons who are residents in New Zealand and New Zealand passport holders, the applicable booking and purchase conditions are those which are accessed from the relevant product pages and you agree that you have read these before confirming your booking enquiry, booking or purchase. Residents and passport holders of countries other than New Zealand must first identify themselves as such prior to booking or purchase and ascertain whether the booking or purchase will be accepted from their country of residence and agree to any conditions applicable to their booking or purchase.
8. Access to the Website is subject to a condition that all information contained in it and all matters which arise will be governed by New Zealand law. Access is further conditional on you agreeing that any dispute or matter which arises between will be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of New Zealand. No warranties, promises and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the accuracy of any of the information contained on the Website or as to the nature, standard, suitability or otherwise of any services offered by us or on our behalf. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or other) which may arise as a result, directly or indirectly, from the use of any of the information or material contained in the Website and/or use of or access to any other information or material via web links from the Website or any inability to access or use the Website. These exclusions of liability are limited only to the extent permitted by law. If any exclusion, in whole or part, is found to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable, that exclusion or part of the exclusion shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other exclusion or part of the exclusion in question.
9. We may change any aspect of the Website or its content, including the availability of any suppliers, features, information, database or content without prior notice.
10. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, we are entitled to the benefit of any applicable exclusion and/or limitation of liability permitted by the laws of any country deemed to apply to the information shown on the Website and/or any services offered by us or on our behalf.
11. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all information and prices displayed on the Website, errors may occur from time to time. In the event that an incorrect price has been offered in error, any booking made based on such incorrect price will not be valid. You will be advised of any such mistake at the earliest opportunity whereupon you will then have the option to pay the correct price or to cancel and receive a full refund of any monies already paid by you.
12. The prices and discounts shown on the Website are applicable to online bookings only and may vary from those offered in United Travel retail Shops, and other advertising.
13. The carriage of passengers and their baggage is subject to provisions of the Warsaw Convention (and any amendments thereof) legislation and the carriers conditions of carriage.
14. The copyright in the material contained on the Website belongs to its Licensors or us.
15. Please note that airlines have their own rules and regulations with regard to e-ticketing. We will not accept responsibility for non-compliance with such regulations and strongly recommend that you check these details with the airline of your choice in advance of travel.
16. The Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not accept any liability in respect of your ability to access or use the website at any time or for any interruption in that access or use or for any failure to complete any transaction. We do not warrant that the Website is free from computer viruses or other properties that may cause loss or damage.
17. We reserve the copyright and all proprietary rights in the Website and all content. The material contained within the Website is the property of United Travel or its affiliates unless identified as belonging to third parties. The names United Travel and any other marks, logos and graphics of United Travel displayed on the Website are registered trademarks of United Travel. Any other company and product or service names displayed on the Website may be the trademarks of other respective owners. You are not granted any right or license to use any such trademarks.
18. United Travel understands and respects the importance of your privacy. The use of personal information you provide to United Travel will be confined to notification to you of United Travel or partner offers, information, and activities. United Travel will hold the information about you securely and will not disclose it except for the above purpose or when required to do so by law. The Privacy Act gives you the right to see and correct personal information which United Travel may hold about you. When you browse the Website, we do not collect personal information about you. The only way we obtain any personal information about you is when you make it available upon our request. United Travel may ask you for personal information in a variety of circumstances such as:
a) when you make an enquiry, reservation or purchase something from our website - by email, letter, fax, or on the phone.
b) when you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or register for promotions.
c) when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
20. United Travel may also collect information about your visit to our website, based on your browsing (click stream) activities. This information may include the pages you browse and products and services viewed or booked for example. This helps United Travel to better manage and develop offers and to provide you with better products and services tailored to your individual interests and needs.
22. United Travel may use information about you as referred to above to measure the entry and exit points of visitors to the Website and respective numbers of visitors to various pages and sections of the Website and details of searches performed. We may also use this information to measure the usage of advertising banners, other click-throughs from the Website. We may disclose information of this nature in aggregate form to third parties, personal information on individual visitors will not be passed on to any third party.
In addition to the above, the following conditions apply whilst using the United Travel flight booking engine.
Flight Booking Engine
Full payment for travel arrangements made via the United Travel booking engine is due at the same time as making the booking. Where a United Travel Service fee is charged, this fee is non-refundable.
Cookies (not the edible ones!)
If you do not want a cookie you can always set your browser to deny it. Choice/Opt-Out
Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
Passports & Visas
Visas are passengers own responsibility. For more information please log on to www.mfat.govt.nz. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are scheduled to visit or transit in as many destinations require visas for both New Zealand and Non-New Zealand Passport holders. Please ensure you have at least 6 months validity on your passport on your return and your first name and surname displayed on your air ticket are exactly the same as appears on your passport.
Amendments and Cancellation Fees
We reserve the right to charge a minimum amendment fee of NZD100 for each change made to a booking. Please note a minimum change fee of NZD100 plus airline fees will apply to each ticket requiring change, these fees apply to domestic, Trans Tasman and any international airline ticket. Cancellation of a booking will incur a minimum fee of NZD250 in addition to any fees charged by the travel provider, which in some cases can be the loss of the full amount you have paid. For Virgin Blue and Pacific Blue, clients must contact the airlines directly for details of changes.
Refunds and monies can take up to 12 weeks to obtain from the travel provider.
Please note that many travel providers treat passenger name changes and itinerary alterations as a FULL CANCELLATION and as such these changes can incur full cancellation charges.
All travel providers charge amendment and cancellation fees
United Travel will not take responsibility for clients who do not take out comprehensive Travel Insurance cover for all bookings.
Bookings Made with a "Low Cost Carrier" (LCC)
What is a Low Cost Carrier?
The featured airlines on this page are all classed as “Low Cost Carrier” (LCC).
If you have booked with any of these airlines and you wish to amend or cancel your booking, you MUST contact the airline directly on the featured phone numbers.
These airlines usually keep their costs low by not including extra services like meals, entertainment etc; however in many cases these can be purchased onboard your flight. For further information please refer to the LCC website directly
United Travel recommends that you contact your Low Cost Carrier directly at least 72 hours prior to departure of each flight to reconfirm.
In some instances Low Cost Carriers charge additional fees such as a Credit Card Fee or a Baggage Fee. These will be charged additionally from your Credit Card directly by the airline. Please note that most airlines treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as FULL CANCELLATION and can incur full cancellation charges.
Airline Phone Airline Phone
Air Asia +603 8660 4013 Iceland Express +354 550 0600
Air Berlin +490 1805 737 800 Jet2 +44 207 150 03 74
Air Southwest +44 870 241 8202 JetBlue +1 801 365 2525
Centralwings +48 22 420 56 45
BMI Baby +44 870 126 6726 One Two Go +66 2 2294260
Easy Jet +44 905 821 0905 Pacific Blue 0800 67 0000
FlyBe +44 13 922 685 29 Ryan Air +35 312 497 791
Fly Globespan +44 13 146 676 12 Thompsonfly +44 (0)870 1900 737
Fly Monarch +44 8700 405 040 TUI Fly +49 (0)1805 757510
FlyNiki +49 30 410 21 59 03 Wizz +48 22 351 9499
Zoom +1 613 235 9666
Helvetic +41 43 557 90 990
Validity of Prices
Prices on the United Travel web site and featured in the booking engine are subject to availability and conditions and are subject to change without notice. Although every care has been taken, the prices are not guaranteed until paid in full and documents have been issued.
Prices Do Not Include
Items of a personal nature (such as telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, etc.), transport, home port to destination and return (unless indicated).
Except to the extent that the law imposes a non-excludable liability:
a. All bookings for products on the United Travel Web Site are accepted subject to the conditions of carriage and other conditions imposed by suppliers and subcontractors to United Travel. Travelers should be aware that there is no relationship or joint venture, partnership or employment between United Travel and any suppliers or subcontractors named on the site.
b. United Travel does not guarantee or warrant the standard, class or fitness for purpose of any product or service mentioned;
In compiling the web site United Travel has used information supplied to it by the operators of the relevant services. United Travel has endeavored to ensure that the information contained on the web site is correct but clients should not rely, and are not invited to rely on the accuracy or validity of any information on the web site as the basis for any action, refraining from acting or disbursement and United Travel expressly disclaims any liability for any loss or damage incurred by clients arising out of any such acts or omission or disbursements. United Travel disclaims and will be exempt from any liability under the law of contract, tort or by virtue of statutory enactment in relation to any-
a. loss to;
b. personal injury death or illness of;
c. damage or theft of personal property of any sort of;
d. expense of inconvenience caused through delay to;
e. disappointed expectation of;
f. accident befalling;
the traveler or any dependents, arising out of any negligent act or omission, breach of any duty imposed by statute, breach of any law of the place of destination or on route to or from the destination, tort (whether intentional or unintentional), or breach of a contractual term, whether expressed or implied or breach of duty arising under or imposed by any law on the part of United Travel, its servants or agents or of any sub-contractor or supplier of any product or service on the Web Site.
Choice of Law
You agree with United Travel that in so far as any contractual relationship is created between you and United Travel by you making a booking through United Travel then that contract is subject to the laws of New Zealand.
You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand for the determination of any dispute and the making of any claim against United Travel and acknowledge and agree that a court having jurisdiction in respect of the dispute or claim is the appropriate court.
Passports & Visas
Visas are passengers own responsibility. For more information please log on to www.mfat.govt.nz. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are scheduled to visit as many destinations require visas for both New Zealand and Non-New Zealand Passport holders. Please ensure you have at least 6 months validity on your passport on your return and your first name and surname displayed on your air ticket are exactly the same as appears on your passport.
For International departures most airlines issue e tickets, which will be emailed out to you. Some airlines require paper tickets. These will need to be posted to you at the address provided. If you are departing within 4 weeks you may be required to pay an additional fee to have these tickets posted or made available at the airport. If your tickets are paper tickets and you live outside of New Zealand then postage or airline ticketing fees will apply. For New Zealand Domestic itineraries, passengers will be provided with an e-ticket receipt upon payment and completion of the booking process.
Departure Times and Flight Numbers
Most airlines state that there is no need to re-confirm your departure times and flight numbers. Nonetheless, United Travel will not take responsibility for any flight time or flight number alteration made by airlines. United Travel strongly advise that all flights should be re-confirmed by phone with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to departure for each individual flight.
If you are a member of an airline's frequent flyer scheme, please ensure that you have entered your correct number in the special section featured in the booking engine at the time your booking. United travel will not take responsibility if the airlines do not register your trip. You are advised to retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass.
Special requests will be always passed on to the travel providers but can never be guaranteed. United Travel should be advised of any special request no later than 7 days prior to departure.